Setup using Amazon App Store
First VERIFY you have an Amazon device (Fire TV, Fire Stick, Fire tablet)
1. Open the Amazon App Store
2. Search for IrUSB and install the app
- Alternatively, you can also install from your computer directly to your Amazon devices
- Amazon app link
2. Connect one or more IrUSBs
- If using Fire Stick or the new Fire TV, you will need a OTG splitter cable
- If using more than one IrUSB or you need wired ethernet, we suggest a this USB hub Amazon link
- Do not use the Amazon wired ethernet adapter. It does not provide USB, only power.
3. Start the app on your device. Accept the software agreement.
4. After 30 seconds, the device will ask for your permission to use the app IrUSB to connect to your USB device.
- Provide this permission with the ALWAYS option.
5. Configure your device using the on screen GUI
- Configuration of Cloud account, saved TX codes, and saved RX codes is only necessary in some use cases. Please refer to the top level setup instructions.
- Firmware updates can be performed via the app store.
- IrUSB will always run in the background, providing a persistent IP and/or Cloud connection for home automation.
- Verify that you see the Device ID listed as in the picture. If not shown, use the REFRESH button. If still not shown, you have not connected the IRUSB device properly.